The following is Triggs Memorial Golf Course Management’s Policy with regard to the decision to cancel or postpone a Ladies’ Inner Club and/or Men’s Inner Club Tournament;
EXCEPT IN EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES THE DECISION TO CANCEL OR POSTPONE A TOURNAMENT WILL NOT BE MADE UNTIL THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
Please keep in mind that media forecasts generally tend to be conservative and that weather conditions in our area can change quickly. We closely monitor weather conditions which include evaluating multiple current forecasts, radar and satellite imagery.
Weather forecasts and weather conditions that include showers and light rain are not by themselves cause to cancel a Tournament.
Other primary factors that will be considered include the playability of the course and the prospect for improving or deteriorating weather conditions. For example, it is possible given the right circumstances that in the case of improving conditions that we may elect to delay the start of a Tournament for a short period of time. At other times we may elect to take a short pause due to weather conditions after a Tournament has begun. In any event we will always try to maintain some reasonable flexibility with regard to these issues.
The final decision to cancel or postpone a Tournament will be made jointly by Triggs Memorial Golf Course Management and the Officers of the respective Inner Clubs after a careful and reasonable evaluation of all available weather information.
We request that all Members keep in mind that playing golf in moderately adverse weather conditions is considered a natural and normal part of the sport. We also want to remind you that by reserving exclusive dates for your Tournaments Triggs has foregone the possibility of offering tee times to the general public. Therefore, we expect that all Members of the Triggs Men’s and Ladies Inner Clubs will abide by the joint decisions of Triggs Management and the Club(s) Officers.